Besides Smartwatch Journey and Quadruped Project there are several projects waiting to be finished.
I built FPV (First Person View) RC car controlled by Arduino last summer. It was easy to build but the main chassis wasn’t looking so good. So, I decided to rebuild it.
- The main parts of the car was: chassis with steering and motor included from construction kit rc truck, 2 x 18650 old batteries, Arduino Pro Micro/Mini, nRF24L01 with attachable antena, TB6612FNG as motor driver. I added 1000TVL FPV camera and transmitter Eachine TS832 later. The controlls was just 4 buttons (FWD / REV, LEFT / RIGHT) and FPV receiver RC832 from Eachine as well. There was also some regulator which will be mentioned later. Voltage divider to measure voltage with Arduino.
- Reasons why I wanted to rebuild it:
- There wasn’t any space to put batteries inside chassis, the only way was to use 4xAA batteries insertable to the bottom part, but that’s too weak and slow for me cuz 4xAA can provide olny 4.8V – 6V due to type. The batteries was placed on the top of chassis making bad behavior of the car.
- Power management wasn’t solved very good. As I accelerated the car the FPV transmitter shuted down and didn’t have enought power. I had to use another 600mA battery but it was drained in 15 minutes.
- What I made new or added:
- 3D-printed chassis
- Old steering was replaced by servo motor steering with L7806CV voltage regulator to make suitable 6 volts.
- Front suspension is wider by 5 mm. (80 mm front and rear now)
- New main-board including NRF24L01 with L1117 3.3V regulator, Arduino Pro Micro 5V, TB6612FNG, big 1000uF capacitor for voltage spikes, buzzer for signalization low voltage or debug, 10k/4k7 voltage regulator was the same as before.
- burned finfer by soldering iron :/, it survived (weird smell of human meat)
- What I will make or add later
- FPV camera on Yaw or Pitch servo
- Spoiler on servo. Rly? Useless…. Maybe.
- Better controller! with display or buzzer to know battery voltage of the car or the controller itselft.
- Any ideas? email@example.com / IG: kovacdottop